Located on the top of a historic brick and timber building in the heart of the dynamic Jackson Square district, this three bedroom, two and a half bath penthouse condominium features an exceptional level of finishes and detail, elegant spaces and one of the City's most spectacular roof terraces....
Extensive retrofitting, a seismic upgrade and an extraordinary renovation have brought one of the City's most historic buildings from the 1860's into the 21st Century...
And the fabulous location enjoys close proximity to the world-class shopping, dining, cultural and entertainment amenities of Union Square, North Beach, the Theater District, the Financial District, SOMA and the Waterfront- truly a quintessential City residence!
Features of this sophisticated residence include:
- The private keyed elevator access opens into a charming entry with brick walls, wide-plank rough-hewn oak flooring and skylight
- A wide open great room/ kitchen living space works well for modern living and entertaining. The gourmet chef's kitchen features all stainless appliances including Thermador 5-burner induction range with hood, Monogram microwave, Gaggenau broiler, double oven and warming tray, Sub-Zero double door refrigerator, and Miele dishwasher. The marble counters, double sink and backsplash, Brazilian hardwood cabinetry and large cooking island make this a super-chic, as well as functional space for cooking, dining and entertaining. Off the kitchen space is a warm and inviting living space with limestone flooring, brick wall, built-ins and zero-clearance fireplace
- Exquisite 18th Century antique Venetian doors lead to the luxurious master bedroom with limestone flooring, gallery-style lighting, and a double walk-in closet with gorgeous built-ins. A beautiful marble and tile master bath with separate shower and tub, double sinks and skylight completes the master suite
- The comfortable, bright and airy, guest bedrooms enjoy wide-plank oak flooring, excellent light and an adjoining bath
- An elegantly appointed office
- A dramatic glass and steel stairway leads to a glass atrium above and, perched atop the residence, is one of the City's most amazing roof terraces enjoying extraordinarily lush landscaping, large dining and entertaining areas- as well as dramatic views of the surrounding cityscape and two of San Francisco's most iconic structures: the Transamerica Pyramid and Coit Tower- a true urban oasis!
- Smart home features include a security system and intercom, wiring for audio with built-in speakers in the principal rooms, and zoned heating and air conditioning
- Large storage area in basement of the building
A Fabulous History:
A one block street off Jackson between Montgomery and Sansome which at one point in time marked the shoreline of the Bay, Hotaling Place was named after well-known San Francisco entrepreneur Anson Parson Hotaling. The building, originally known as Hotaling Stables, was built in the 1860's and is designated as San Francisco Historical Landmark No.11. After many decades at the epicenter of the world renowned "Barbary Coast", this area has come to be known as Jackson Square and is home to some of the City's premiere antique dealers, professional firms and restaurants.
HOA Dues: Water, garbage, insurance and any other expenses are paid as needed, as per the unit's pro-rata share of the expenses
If you want to live in the heart of San Francisco, this neighborhood is it. Walk to Union Square, Ferry Plaza, MOMA, North Beach and the Financial District. Dine in some of San Francisco’s most celebrated restaurants, right out your back door. Enjoy expansive views of the downtown skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge and the East Bay from your private patio. Savor remnants of the past as you amble down streets that were built over old sailing vessels, deserted when their sailors jumped ashore to join the 1849 Gold Rush.
To stretch your legs, head for the Embarcadero, where a palm-tree lined walkway extends along the waterfront for miles in either direction. The recently renovated Ferry Building Marketplace offers a farmers market, fresh-baked breads, artisan cheeses and local fish. Nearby Union Square attracts sophisticated shoppers from around the world. Muni and Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) offer easy commuting throughout the Bay Area.
Real estate in this unique neighborhood includes condominiums in Manhattan-like buildings with expansive views in every direction and condos and townhomes in smaller, historic buildings, often featuring hardwood floors, 10-foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows and exposed brick walls.
Homes in sought-after Golden Gateway Commons open out to San Francisco's bustling waterfront, within sight of the Bay, the Bay Bridge and the Ferry Building. The historic Jackson Square area, adorned with tree-lined streets and vintage architecture, is home to many of the cities finest restaurants, art galleries and antique shops. Residents can easily walk to the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and the Americas Cup Village at Pier 27.
If you are interested in learning more about homes for sale in San Francisco’s Financial District Barbary Coast, please contact one of Pacific Union’s San Francisco real estate agents. With a Pacific Union professional, you'll get a level of service and expertise worthy of your trust.